To our WHA Community,
Black lives matter. Black women matter.
We stand in solidarity with our BIPOC communities in the fight against the centuries of white supremacy, institutional racism, and systemic oppression. We are outraged and heartbroken by the recent killings of Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and countless others. Their lives, and the lives of all black people taken by violence, mattered.
It’s been difficult for us to find the words to express the frustration and pain we are all feeling and we acknowledge that we have taken our time to address the recent atrocities and current events. We are sorry for any emotional consequences our silence may have caused. We recognize the importance of our voice and commit to speaking up and taking action to fight injustice, inequality, and discrimination.
As members of WHA, we pledge to continuously examine, challenge, and expand the ways in which we use our voice to create positive change as healthcare leaders. We want to spark a dialogue about how we can lift up our communities and actively fight against systemic racism. We have a lot of learning to do and we are here to listen. We would love to hear from you about what we can do — and how we can be — better.
We are committed to being a part of the solution. Thank you for being a part of our WHA community.
The WHA 2020 Board of Directors
Women in Health Administration of Southern California (WHA) is a nonprofit professional association for women healthcare leaders devoted to:
- Providing forums for professional growth & career development.
- Creating opportunities for quality networking & personal growth.
- Raising awareness & understanding of current healthcare issues.
WHA is generously supported by the following sponsors. Interested in becoming a WHA sponsor? Our Sponsorship Page has all the details you need!
2019 Women of the Year Gala Sponsors
- Keck Medicine of USC
- Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Nixon Peabody
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Goldman Sachs
- Grant Thornton
- Institute for Human Caring at Providence St. Joseph Health
- Better Me Than You
- Compass Real Estate – Gillan Abercrombie Frame
- Concordia University Healthcare Management Program
- Cooperative of American Physicians
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Emanate Health
- Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman
- Nelson Hardiman
- Fraser, Watson, Croutch LLP
- MedPOINT Management
- Pacific Companies
- UCLA FSPH HPM Department
Please join our professional and social networks and learn more about our past and upcoming events!